Statement of Faith
Fellowship Baptist Church is an independent Baptist church. It is not part of any organization of churches, convention, or fellowship. The leadership and members of the church believe that it is their responsibility to operate the church as God leads, and to support the doctrines that He has established in His Word.
The doctrinal position of Fellowship Baptist Church is the same as set forth in the Church's Constitution. The following is a summary:
- The Bible is the verbally inspired, infallible, and authoritative Word of God.
- There is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ is the Son of God. He was virgin born, lived a sinless life, died for our sins, rose physically from the dead, ascended into heaven, and will return again in power and glory.
- Jesus is the great High Priest and makes intercession for us before God.
- All men are sinners by nature and are at enmity with God; therefore, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is essential to their salvation.
- Men are justified by faith in the shed blood of Christ and are saved by grace through faith.
- Every born-again person should declare his faith by the act of baptism.
- The Holy Spirit convicts of sin; makes believers children of God through the new birth, assuring them of heaven; and by His indwelling, enables Christians to lead Godly lives.